Utilizziamo i cookie per rendere migliore la tua esperienza di navigazione. Per rispettare la nuova direttiva sulla privacy, è necessario chiedere il tuo consenso per impostare i cookie. Per saperne di più.
Makes IoT and real time communication very easy
The SoM (Stack on Module) is a ready to use, pre-certified (with example application) dual port Ethernet module solution currently available for PROFINET RT, EtherNetIP, EtherCAT real-time protocols, including an embedded 2-port Ethernet switch with a 3rd internal port for bus and ring network topologies.
In the SoM – RIN32M3 module a Renesas microcontroller is integrated running a protocol library which supports various kinds of real-time industrial Ethernet communication protocols. With a well-documented generic API (Application Programming Interface), the protocol library can be simply accessed from an application processor in order to exchange real-time network data with the user application via a lean SPI module interface.
The generic API is an abstraction platform for real-time communication offering scalable multi-protocol solutions such as PROFINET RT, EtherNetIP and EtherCAT. The external application processor has full control of the protocol stacks running on the module CPU without interfering the modules’ real-time communication or wasting the CPU performance on the host processor.
The currently available industrial Ethernet protocols PROFINET RT, EtherNetIP, EtherCAT implementations are complying with the latest specification releases. An extensive tool chain covering evaluation boards (module and application processor), API source code and host application examples including extensive documentation makes the integration into your target application environment quite easy. All this enables the users for a lean and independent connection to existing or new applications, products and networks while accelerating time to market.
YOUR ADVANTAGES WITH SYSTEM ON MODULE FROM PORT
SoM IoT Based on RENESAS RIN32M3
Based on a RIN32M3EC CPU in combination with GOAL technology from PORT, this SoM offers PROFINET CC-B, EtherNet/IP CIP and EtherCAT on board. Simply connect via the SPI of your host controller - and your applications are already multi-protocol capable.
OUR SYSTEM ON MODULES IN DIFFERENT VARIATIONS
SoM IoT Raspberry PI
Integrating Raspberry PI into networks such as PROFINET, EtherNetIP and EtherCAT - no problem with the Raspberry PI expansion board from port.
|Macro attributi Prodotto||SOM|
Functions & Communication
- Complete dual Ethernet interface compliant to IEEE 802.3 including transformers and PHYs
- Embedded 2-port Ethernet switch for bus and ring network topologies
- High speed SPI interface and power pins to connect the module to the host CPU
- Integrated processor to handle real-time industrial Ethernet protocols
- All Protocols on board available
- Support of PROFINET RT, EtherNetIP, EtherCAT real-time communication standards
- Ethernet ports supporting 10 Mbit/s and 100 Mbit/s with auto negotiation
- Device configuration via “Management Tool” and API through application controller
- Comprehensive tool support and application examples in source code for many platforms (STM, RENESAS, NXP, TI…)
- and LINUX