Utilizziamo i cookie per rendere migliore la tua esperienza di navigazione. Per rispettare la nuova direttiva sulla privacy, è necessario chiedere il tuo consenso per impostare i cookie. Per saperne di più.
Each release of the qualified Arm Compiler goes through extensive testing and a qualification process. The qualification covers the toolchain binaries:
- Image conversion and disassembly tool
Standard C/C++ libraries are included in the product but excluded from the qualification. An optional Certified C Library is available to license separately with specific versions of qualified Arm Compiler.
Every qualified Arm Compiler release has a Certificate from TÜV SÜD. The Certificate is accompanied by a TÜV assessment report which provides assurance that the processes used to develop the toolchain are in accordance with the safety standards stated in the Certificate.
The Qualification Kit provides vital safety information about the toolchain operation, recommended usage, and diagnostic capabilities.
- Safety Manual - Defines the safety boundary of the toolchain.
- Defect Report - Describes the known safety-critical defects.
- Development Process - Documents the process used to develop the safety toolchain.
- Test Report - Documents the test results from language conformance tests used in qualification.
Long-term support and maintenance
Safety systems are getting increasingly complex and need to be reliable, highly predictable, even as the product ages, and finally be consistent throughout its lifetime. To achieve this, safety developers require a toolchain that is stable and has minimal change which reduces risk and overhead costs due to re-validation.
Arm Compiler for Embedded FuSa is derived from, but different to, the standard Arm Compiler for Embedded product. Each safety branch is hardened by defining a safety boundary and stable feature set prior to qualification.
Each safety branch is maintained for 5 years from market entry and receives regular maintenance updates for safety-critical defects. The updates are qualified and accompanied by a TÜV Certificate and an updated Qualification Kit. Along with Arm's expert technical support, this provides customers with confidence that their projects can be supported for many years.
For customers who need extra assurance and peace of mind, Arm offers bespoke premium support and maintenance services that can be tailored to their needs.
Safety branch releases
Introducing Arm Compiler for Embedded FuSa 6.16 LTS, the next-generation safety toolchain
The Arm safety toolchain, Arm Compiler for Embedded FuSa 6.16LTS is the successor of the existing Arm Compiler 6.6 for Functional Safety.
The Arm Compiler for Embedded FuSa toolchain brings to qualification:
- Support for the latest Arm architectures and processors, for example, Cortex-A78AE, Cortex-A76AE, Cortex-A65AE, Cortex-R52, Cortex-52+, and Cortex-M55.
- Significant investment in optimizations (performance and code density)
- New toolchain features to support modern automotive and safety use cases
- Enhancements for existing IP support
As with all our safety branches, Arm Compiler for Embedded 6.16LTS also offers:
- Long-term maintenance guarantee with extended support options
- TÜV Certificate that provides endorsement for use in safety development at the highest SIL and ASIL levels for safety standards such as:
- ISO 26262 (Automotive),
- IEC 61508 (industrial),
- EN 50128 (railways), and
- IEC 62304 (medical)
- Qualification Kit that provides vital information on safe usage of the toolchain.
- Compatibility with Arm safety software:
- Arm Certified C Library
- Arm FuSa Run-Time System (FuSa RTS), and
- Arm Software Test Libraries (STLs)
Read the blog, Safety without compromise: Arm releases latest compiler for FuSa applications, to find out more.
Where can I use Arm Compiler for Embedded FuSa 6.16LTS?
Arm Compiler for Embedded FuSa 6.16LTS is recommended for new safety projects. If development has started with the standard Arm Compiler 6.16 toolchain, then migration to the new Arm Compiler for Embedded FuSa 6.16LTS is simple and straight-forward.
Projects using Arm Compiler 6.6 for Functional Safety could migrate to the new Arm Compiler for Embedded FuSa 6.16LTS toolchain, provided the safety project is not in its final stage. Migration guidance can be found in the Qualification Kit and user documentation of the safety toolchain. You can also contact our support team for expert guidance.
|Macro attributi Prodotto||Embedded and IoT Software and Tools|
|Particulars||Arm Compiler for Embedded FuSa 6.16 LTS||Arm Compiler 6.6 for Functional Safety||Arm Compiler 5.06 for Functional Safety|
|Release details||Version||6.16 LTS (6.16.1, 6.16.2, …)||6.6.X (X = 1, 2, 3, …)||5.06uX (X=3, 4, …)|
|Maintenance||Active maintenance||Until 2026||Until 2022||Until January 2021|
|Extended maintenance or Bespoke support services||V||V||V|
|Features||Arm Architecture support||Armv8, Armv7, Armv6-M||Armv8, Armv7, Armv6-M||Armv7, Armv6, Armv5, Armv4|
|Language support||C90, C99, C++98, C++03, C++11, C++14||C90, C99, C++98, C++03, C++11||C90, C99, C++03, C++11|
|Documentation||User documentation||Arm Compiler for Embedded FuSa 6.16LTS||Arm Compiler 6.6 LTM||Arm Compiler 5.06uX|
|Optional add-ons||Certified Arm C Library||V||V||-|
|Compatible Arm software||Arm FuSa Run-Time System||V||V||-|
|Arm Software-Test Libraries||V||-||-|