Arm FuSa RTS is a set of embedded software components qualified for use in the most safety-critical applications in automotive, medical and industrial systems.
With the FuSa RTS developers receive a robust real-time operating system (RTOS), independent processor abstraction layer and verified C library that are highly optimized for Cortex-M processors by Arm architecture experts.
Safety-qualified Arm C/C++ compiler, Arm Keil MDK tools and FuSa RTS components are natively integrated together and significantly simplify system design, development, validation and certification processes for safety applications.
Supported safety standards
Arm FuSa RTS is certified for the following safety standards:
- • Automotive: ISO26262, ASIL D
- • Industrial: IEC61508, SIL 3
- • Railway: EN50128, SIL 4
- • Medical: IEC62304, Class C
FuSa RTS safety compliance is confirmed by the TÜV Süd Certificate.
FuSa RTS fully utilizes advanced hardware features that Arm specifies for its processors. It provides support for devices with the following Arm Cortex-M cores:
- • Cortex-M0/M0+
- • Cortex-M3
- • Cortex-M4
- • Cortex-M7
FuSa RTS components
Arm FuSa RTS package contains following components:
- FuSa RTX RTOS: deterministic real-time operating system for Arm Cortex-M processors.
- FuSa Event Recorder: implements functionality to easily record events and collect execution statistics in the application code.
- FuSa CMSIS-Core: validated vendor-independent software interface to the processor resources.
- FuSa C library: a subset of the C library functions suitable for developing safety-critical embedded applications.
- Safety Package: documentation set explaining the usage of FuSa RTS in safety context.
Related tools from Arm
Arm equips software engineers with professional tools that support safety development process and simplify creation, analysis and verification of complex embedded applications in safety context.
Arm Keil MDK
FuSa RTS is developed and verified using Arm Keil MDK and natively integrates with it.
MDK-Professional edition contains the µVision IDE and debugger with built-in tools for Code coverage tests and execution profiling. It also provides access to the safety Arm C/C++ compiler used for FuSa RTS validation.
Keil MDK enables static code analysis and MISRA compliance checking via integration with third-party verification tools.
Safety-qualified Arm C/C++ compiler
FuSa RTS has been validated with safety-qualified Arm C/C++ compiler that for many years have been used in safety-related applications across a wide range of verticals, including automotive, medical, industrial, avionics and railway.
MDK-Professional edition provides access to the Arm compiler safety package without additional costs.