J-Link PRO is a refined version of the regular J-Link. It has an Ethernet interface in addition to the USB interface, as well as two additional LEDs which are used as hardware status indicators.
It connects via Ethernet or USB to the host, running Windows, Linux or Mac OS X.
J-Link PRO is fully compatible with J-Link and can be used "out-of-the-box". J-Link PRO uses DHCP per default. The built-in webserver makes manual configuration easy and convenient. Ethernet allows using the debug probe far away from the PC, over a hardwired or wireless network, in a development or production environment; download and debugging speed is higher and Ethernet provides electrical isolation from the PC.
All features of the regular J-Link also apply to this product. [More...]
- Fully compatible to J-Link
- Ethernet interface
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed interface
- Supported CPUs: Any ARM7/9/11, Cortex-A5/A8/A9, Cortex-M0/M1/M3/M4, Cortex-R4/R5, Microchip PIC32 and Renesas RX100/RX200/RX610/RX621/RX62N/RX62T/RX630/RX631/RX63N
- Free software updates1, 2 years of support
- Additional LEDs for power and RESET indication
- Comes with web interface for easy TCP/IP configuration (built-in webserver)
- Serial Wire Debug (SWD) supported
- Serial Wire Viewer (SWV) supported
- Automatic core recognition
- Maximum target interface speed 50 MHz
- Maximum SWO sampling speed 100 MHz
- Download speed up to 3 MByte/second
- Powered through USB or power supply (comes with J-Link PRO)
- Support for adaptive clocking
- All target interface signals can be monitored, target voltage can be measured
- Support for multiple devices
- Fully plug and play compatible
- Standard J-Link 20-pin target connector
- Wide target voltage range: 1.2V - 5V
- USB and 20-pin ribbon cable included
- Memory viewer (J-Mem) included
- Comes with licenses for: J-Link RDI / RDDI, J-Link Unlimited Flash Breakpoints, J-Link GDB Server, J-Flash
- Software Developer Kit (SDK) available
- Embedded Trace Buffer (ETB) support
- 14-pin JTAG adapter available
- Galvanic isolation from host system via Ethernet
- Optical isolation adapter available
- Target power supply: J-Link can supply up to 300 mA to target with overload protection
1As a legitimate owner of a SEGGER J-Link, you can always download the latest software free of charge. Though not planned and not likely, we reserve the right to change this policy. Note that older models may not be supported by newer versions of the software. Typically, we support older models with new software at least 3 years after end of life.
There are many aspects which make the J-Link PRO very attractive to use:
Up to 3 MByte/second download speed make J-Link PRO the fastest debug probe on the market. Using TCP/IP instead of USB eliminates latencies from USB usage, resulting in higher debugging speed.
Due to the Ethernet interface, long distances between the development PC and the target system are possible. You can set a default gateway for J-Link PRO, so it is also possible to use it in large intranets.
Security (Galvanic isolation)
Ethernet signal lines provide galvanic isolation of J-Link PRO (and so the target system) from network and development PC. For a complete isolation, shield of Ethernet cable should not be connected to RJ45 connector of J-Link PRO.
Buying a J-Link PRO, which comes with licenses for all J-Link-related SEGGER software, will save you a lot of money because buying a J-Link and all licenses separate is more expensive.
General Supported OS Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows XP x64
Microsoft Windows 2003
Microsoft Windows 2003 x64
Microsoft Windows Vista
Microsoft Windows Vista x64
Windows 7 x64
Windows 8 x64
Mac OSX 10.5 and higher
Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) EN 55022, EN 55024 Operating temperature +5°C ... +60°C Storage temperature -20°C ... +65 °C Relative humidity (non-condensing) Max. 90% rH Mechanical Size (without cables) 100mm x 53mm x 27mm Weight (without cables) 73g Available Interfaces Ethernet interface 100 Mbit/s USB interface USB 2.0, Hi-Speed Target interface JTAG/SWD 20-pin JTAG/SWD Interface, Electrical Target interface voltage (VIF) 1.2V ... 5V Current drawn from target voltage sense pin (VTRef) < 25µA Target supply voltage 4.5V ... 5V Target supply current Max. 300mA Reset type Open drain. Can be pulled low or tristated Reset low level output voltage VOL <= 10% of VIF For the whole target voltage range (1.2V <= VIF <= 5V) LOW level input voltage (VIL) VIL <= 40% of VIF HIGH level input voltage (VIH) VIH >= 60% of VIF For 1.2V >= VIF <= 3.6V LOW level output voltage (VOL) with a load of 10 kOhm VOL <= 10% of VIF HIGH level output voltage (VOH) with a load of 10 kOhm VOH >= 90% of VIF For 3.6 <= VIF <= 5V LOW level output voltage (VOL) with a load of 10 kOhm VOL <= 20% of VIF HIGH level output voltage (VOH) with a load of 10 kOhm VOH >= 80% of VIF JTAG/SWD Interface, Timing SWO sampling frequency Max. 100 MHz Data input rise time (Trdi) Trdi <= 20ns Data input fall time (Tfdi) Tfdi <= 20ns Data output rise time (Trdo) Trdo <= 10ns Data output fall time (Tfdo) Tfdo <= 10ns Clock rise time (Trc) Trc <= 3ns Clock fall time (Tfc) Trc <= 3ns Analog power measurement interface Sampling frequency 200 kHz Resolution 50 uA