JTAG/SWD Emulator with USB interface.
J-Link PLUS is a USB powered JTAG emulator supporting a large number of CPU cores.
Based on a 32-bit RISC CPU, it can communicate at high speed with the supported target CPUs. J-Link is used around the world in tens of thousand places for development and production (flash programming) purposes.
J-Link is supported by all major IDEs such as IAR EWARM, Keil MDK, Rowley CrossWorks, Atollic TrueSTUDIO, IAR EWRX, Renesas HEW, Renesas e2studio, and many others.Including all models, more than 100,000 J-Links have been sold so far, making J-Link probably the most popular emulator for ARM cores and the de-facto standard.
- Comes with integrated licenses for: Unlimited breakpoints in flash memory (Unlimited Flash Breakpoints), RDI / RDDI and J-Flash
- Fully compatible to the standard J-Link
- Direct download into flash memory of most popular microcontrollers supported
- Supported CPUs: Any ARM7/9/11, Cortex-A5/A8/A9, Cortex-M0/M1/M3/M4, Cortex-R4, Microchip PIC32 and Renesas RX100/RX200/RX610/RX621/RX62N/RX62T/RX630/RX631/RX63N
- Download speed up to 1 MByte/second
- Supports unlimited breakpoints in flash memory! More info...
- Setting breakpoints in external flash memory of Cortex-M systems is possible with
J-Link's Unlimited Flash Breakpoints technology only!
- Supported by all major IDEs More info...
- Free software updates1, 1 year of support
- Supports concurrent access to CPU by multiple applications2
- Crossplatform support (runs on Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)3
- Intelligence in the emulator firmware More info...
- Remote Server included. Allows using J-Link remotely via TCP/IP More info...
- GDBServer included More info...
- Production flash programming software (J-Flash) available More info...
- Software Developer Kit (SDK) available More info...
- Supports multiple target interfaces: JTAG, SWD
- Supports SWV/SWO (Serial Wire Viewer / Serial wire output)
- Wide target voltage range: 1.2V - 3.3V, 5V tolerant
- Supports JTAG chains with multiple devices
- Embedded Trace Buffer (ETB) support
- Various target adapters available, including optical isolation adapter. More info...
- RDI / RDDI interface DLL available. More info...
- Fully plug and play compatible
- No power supply required, powered through USB
- Support for adaptive clocking
- All JTAG signals can be monitored, target voltage can be measured
- Target power supply: J-Link can supply up to 300 mA to target with overload protection
General Supported OS Microsoft Windows 2000
Microsoft Windows XP
Microsoft Windows XP x64
Microsoft Windows 2003
Microsoft Windows 2003 x64
Microsoft Windows Vista
Microsoft Windows Vista x64
Windows 7 x64
Windows 8 x64
Mac OSX 10.5 and higher
Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) EN 55022, EN 55024 Operating temperature +5°C ... +60°C Storage temperature -20°C ... +65 °C Relative humidity (non-condensing) Max. 90% rH Mechanical Size (without cables) 100mm x 53mm x 27mm Weight (without cables) 70g Available Interfaces USB interface USB 2.0 Target interface JTAG 20-pin (14-pin adapter available) JTAG/SWD Interface, Electrical Power supply USB powered
Max. 50mA + Target Supply current.
Target interface voltage (VIF) 1.2V ... 5V Current drawn from target voltage sense pin (VTRef) < 25µA Target supply voltage 4.5V ... 5V (if powered with 5V on USB) Target supply current Max. 300mA Reset Type Open drain. Can be pulled low or
Reset low level output voltage (VOL) VOL <= 10% of VIF For the whole target voltage range (1.2V <= VIF <= 5V) LOW level input voltage (VIL) VIL <= 40% of VIF HIGH level input voltage (VIH) VIH >= 60% of VIF For 1.2V <= VIF <= 3.6V LOW level output voltage (VOL) with a load of 10 kOhm VOL <= 10% of VIF HIGH level output voltage (VOH) with a load of 10 kOhm VOH >= 90% of VIF For 3.6 <= VIF <= 5V LOW level output voltage (VOL) with a load of 10 kOhm VOL <= 20% of VIF HIGH level output voltage (VOH) with a load of 10 kOhm VOH >= 80% of VIF JTAG/SWD Interface, Timing JTAG speed Max. 15MHz SWO sampling frequency Max. 7.5MHz Data input rise time (Trdi) Trdi <= 20ns Data input fall time (Tfdi) Tfdi <= 20ns Data output rise time (Trdo) Trdo <= 10ns Data output fall time (Tfdo) Tfdo <= 10ns Clock rise time (Trc) Trc <= 3ns Clock fall time (Tfc) Tfc <= 3ns
* J-Link hardware revision 8 and up