emFile - Fail Safe File System for Embedded Systems
emFile is a fail-safe file system for embedded systems and applications which can be used on any storage device.
It is a high-performance library optimized for minimum memory consumption in RAM, ROM, high speed, and versatility working on any embedded device. emFile is a file system library that enables an embedded application or system to store data, safely and reliably on any kind of storage device.
The library is the result of more than 25 years of continuous development and is deployed on several million devices worldwide, making it a proven in-field file system for the embedded industry. emFile is hardware agnostic and it can run on any 16/32/64-bit target for which a C/C++ compiler is available; most 8-bit targets are supported.
Ready-to-use device drivers are available for NAND, and NOR flash, SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC cards, e.MMC storage devices, CompactFlash cards, and USB flash drives. emFile comes with support for the common FAT12/16/32 file systems and for SEGGER's proprietary file system EFS (Embedded File System) that has been specifically designed to meet the requirements of state-of-the-art embedded applications.
- File system for embedded devices
- Fail safe—no file system corruption, no data loss
- Supports encryption for embedded file system
- Supports multiple storage devices: NAND, NOR, and SD-Card
- High performance NOR driver with static and dynamic wear levelling
- High performance NAND driver with static and dynamic wear levelling
- RAID 1 support
- ECC bit error correction