mbOS is the preferred embedded OS choice for engineers all over the world for the previous 25 years in the embedded market. It offers incomparable ease-of-use and guarantees 100% deterministic real-time operation for any embedded device. It is highly portable and fully source-compatible on all platforms, making it easy to port applications to different cores. Tasks can easily be created and safely communicate with each other, using communication mechanisms such as semaphores, mailboxes, and events.
Certified by TÜV SÜD, embOS complies with the functional safety standards IEC 61508 SIL 3 and IEC 62304 Class C.
The real-time operating system is free for any non-commercial use like education and evaluation, without any technical limitation.
For commercial use SEGGER offers a versatile embOS licensing policy with no royalties at a reasonable price.
Create the products of tomorrow by using the best RTOS of today. embOS—It Simply Works!
- • More than 25 years of continuous development
- • Available for all popular cores, compiler, and development tools
- • Deployed in several billion devices in a wide range of application areas
- • Certified for functional safety according to IEC 61508 SIL 3 and IEC 62304 Class C
- • MISRA-C:2012 compliant
- • Powerful and easy to use API
- • Highest performance with lowest use of memory
- • Kernel awareness plugins available
- • Zero interrupt latency